My calm in the jungle
I could brag about all the people I’ve met and all the things I’ve done but that’s not what this is about.
This is about finding your calm in the (urban) jungle.
This is about discovering who you are and how you fit in.
I’ve known a lot of people in my life. They’ve come from different backgrounds and were met through a wide variety of experiences.
It doesn’t matter who I’m talking to, everyone is looking for a soul connection that confirms we belong to a society that acknowledges, supports and accepts us for who we are, “defects” and all.
It can be a jungle out there and this isn’t about finding your tribe.
This is about developing the ability to move through the world without apologizing for who we are. It’s about finding success and happiness not in spite of our differences but because of them.
I welcome you to my “peace” in the jungle and I hope you find what you’re looking for here.
Here are some fun facts about me.
- From sacred Buddhist and Hindu sites in India to snowboarding in the Canadian Rockies and playing in the waves of Costa Rica, I’ve traveled extensively around the world
- I’ve been meditating for over 30 years and took my bodhisattva vow over 20 years ago. That means I took a vow to help as many people as possible break the cycle of suffering
- I’ve shared drinks and meals with people from all walks of life (from CEOS to movie stars to homeless people)
- I love summer and have learned to tolerate winter
- I’ve never been married
- I’ve worked in high pressure fields of television and fashion, along with house cleaning, bartending, retail and door to door sales
- My metabolism is ridiculously high so most of my time and money are spent on food
Have you noticed that while independent thinkers often have the most to offer the world, they also often have the least amount of support available to them?
Are you trying to find more calm and focus in your life without having to resort to living in the mountains like a hermit?
If you want to be more of yourself and stop caving into the pressure others put on you, if you want to feel stronger mentally, emotionally and spiritually, we should talk.
I’ve studied both ancient and modern methods that can help shape your mind and life into what you want them to be. Now I want to share them with you.
Interested in learning more?
In case you’re wondering (and I know you are), I’m also trained and am certified in the following: