My part of the jungle
I could brag about all the people I’ve met and all the things I’ve done but that’s not what this is about.
This is about discovering who I am and how I fit in.
I’ve known a lot of people in my life. They’ve come from different backgrounds and were met through a wide variety of experiences. What I’ve seen is that we’re all looking for a soul connection that confirms we belong to and are part of the fabric of society that acknowledges, supports and accepts us for who we are, “defects” and all.
It can be a jungle out there with people scrambling to rule their own little, and sometimes large, part of the jungle from their top dog and king/queen of the jungle positions.
But this isn’t about finding your tribe. No, social hierarchy is too complex for that.
Being part of a tribe doesn’t guarantee you any sort of real acceptance.
Again, I repeat, that’s not what this is about.
This is about having the ability to move throughout the world, being unabashedly ourselves. It’s about finding success and happiness not in spite of it but because of it.
I welcome you to my peace in the jungle and hope you find what you need here.
Here are some fun facts about me. I’ve …
- Traveled extensively around the world allowing me to visit everything from sacred Buddhist and Hindu sites in India, to the Canadian Rockies for snowboarding and to the waves of Costa Rica
- Meditated for over 30 years and took my bodhisattva vow 20 years ago
- Shared drinks and meals with people from all walks of life (from CEOS and movie stars to homeless people). My conclusion? People are people no matter what they do in life
- Love summer and tolerate winter
- Never been married… at least not yet…
- Worked in high pressure fields of television and fashion, along with other head wrenching jobs like bar tending, retail, and door to door sales
- Have a ridiculously high metabolism so most of my money is spent on food
- Can have a very dry sense of humour which not everyone appreciates
Interested in learning more?
In case you’re wondering (and I know you are), I’m also trained and am certified in:
Life Coaching (specialization in stress management) – C.C.A.
Emotional Intelligence (diploma) – University of Toronto
Mindfulness Training (diploma)- University of Toronto
Reiki – Master/Teacher level (but pleeease don’t talk to me about The Secret or anything like that. Woo-Woo is not my jam)
Communication Studies – Television Production (B.A., Concordia University)
Fashion Design (Diploma, IAOD)